Monday, September 4, 2017

Week 1 - Own Your Map

Hello everyone! Glad to be back for another semester. I completed this lab during the "Intro to GIS" course. I re-posted my previous blog below.



"This weeks lab was a good way to build on what I learned last week. I was able to learn new ways to create a professional looking map. Week 2 has taught me me many skills such as to add inset maps, import cartographer details, and creating layers just to name a few.

I felt that this lab was a great way to improve my GIS skills. In this weeks lab, I was displaying where the UWF campus was located within Escambia County. Local highways and interstates are listed next to UWF.  I was able to add an inset map to show where Escambia County was located within Florda. I also added cartographer details, UWF logo, legend, north arrow, and a scale."

No comments:

Post a Comment