Thursday, February 2, 2017

Week 3 - GIS Cartography


The map listed above showcases the elevation of Mexico. Showing elevation was one of the new skills that we had learned this week. Along with elevation we also learned how to explore data in Arc Catalog, dynamic text, signify statistics with colors, annotations, and more. I was able to continue to fine tune my cartographic skills and I feel that this lab taught me a lot. With these new skills we created 3 maps which consisted of the following:

- Elevation of Mexico
- Urban areas of Mexico
- Population of Mexico

I chose to upload the elevation map because I feel that you can visualize a lot. Using the stretched symbology scheme, I feel that the color choices really made it clear to determine the differences in elevation.

No comments:

Post a Comment